Well, it’s that time of year again, summer is waning and it’s back to school season! Healthy teeth and gums can make the school year easier – so ask yourself these questions oral health questions:
- What does your morning routine look like? Make sure that brushing and FLOSSING is part of it, and don’t believe everything you hear – flossing is important.
- Does your son or daughter participate in a sport? If yes, be sure to protect their teeth with a mouth guard. We will make and provide FREE sports guards for any children that are currently patients, just ask!
- Could your toothbrush use an upgrade? Think about investing in an electric toothbrush. Some stores run specials on these types of items in the fall. We recommend SONICARE or ORAL B.
- What’s in the lunch bag? Stick with healthy snacks – carrot sticks, yogurt, nuts, and cheese. Also, avoid foods that easily get stuck in the grooves of your teeth. Food that is washed away easily by saliva causes less decay.
- When was your last dental visit? Always make time during the school year for regular visits to the dentist. We are happy to provide an excuse slip for work or school.