OUR OFFICE RESPONSE TO COVID
The health and safety of both our patients and staff is vitally important to us. We at Midtown Dental Care are implementing some changes to both our appointment protocol as well as our PPE methods.
- Each staff will arrive to the office in street clothes and shoes, change into scrubs, and then will change back into their street clothes when leaving the building. Each morning our staffs temperature will be taken and recorded to ensure they are healthy
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your
appointment – please be respectful and call at least 48 hours ahead if you can not make your appointment.
- Please DO NOT just stop in – we have to follow proper screening protocol to ensure everyone is healthy.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect, and there are less chairs in the waiting room. If you can, please just bring yourself to the appointment. Parents can stay in their cars, and we will call you when your child is done with the appointment.
- Our office will call and confirm appointments beforehand and ask you screening questions for the individual having the appointment.
- There is a table in the front of our office, which will stop you from entering the waiting room. At the entrance to our office, the temperature will be taken, and you will be asked the same questions that were asked on the phone.
- Our staff will be wearing masks.
- Our clinical staff will be wearing face shields, N95 masks/Level 3 masks and an additional mask.
- Each dental hygiene room have air purifiers with HEPV filters.
- A plastic shield has been installed in the area where you check out to protect you and our staff.
These additional changes for PPE recommended by the CDC and ADA are expensive. In order to maintain our ability to protect you, we are charging a PPE fee of $15 per patient, per appointment. We will be collecting it the date of service. We will submit it to your dental insurance, if they pay the PPE fee you will be reimbursed.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.